Business Expenditure on R&D
To qualify, you need to be an California-based business that has participated in one or more of the following activities over the last year:
• Developed an innovative product, service, device or process,
• Outsourced research activities (Qualified Research must take place in California in order to qualify for the California credit),
• Licensed new technology and tried it on a trial basis,
• Attempted to solve an industry-wide problem,
• Completed trials that led to lost goods,
• Other activities intended to generate new knowledge.